Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October in a nutshell

October has come and gone so I will give you a few highlights. At the beginning of the month my sister and her family came to visit. It was alot of fun I wish I had pictures to post of that but of course I don't. She helped to transfer kids to different rooms to give our angel #4 her own room due to the fact that she is our only girl. It was alot of work and I appreciate my sister for all her help. I wish I lived closer to her.

Angel #4 got an award for her citizenship at her school we were very proud of her. The sun was right in their eyes that is why they were squinting.:)

My mom came for my birthday later in the month. How lucky am I!!! A visit from my sister at the beginning of the month and a visit from my mother in the middle of the month. While my mom was there we made this pumpkin cake. Doesn't it look cool? We had alot of fun shopping. The weekend was gone before we knew it though and then she had to go home. It would be great to live closer to family.
To end the month we went to visit the town we moved from to see our old friends. It was a great visit and I am really glad we were able to see everyone there. There was only a few we missed seeing. We are so grateful for the friendships that we have from there. The people there are the best. We miss them.
It was a great month and on to November.

3 comments:

Cher said...

That pumpkin looks so cool. Did you guys ever eat it? Now is is your turn to come see me!:)

Noelle and Corey said...

Great cake! Happy late birthday!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

That is such a cool cake! I've done one before with a bundt pan, but I've never done the circles on the side--love how it makes the cool texture!

You won the giveaway on my blog! I'll get your book out to you ASAP!